Let it

Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it.”
Harvey MacKay

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Love Letter

*I posted this picture to my instagram, facebook and twitter accounts after mentally rejecting it because of the cellulite on my legs. Almost instantly, I felt the sting of my own rejection, and decided to do something about it. I wrote them a letter. It has touched enough people that I want it to have a place of it's own. If I can help one person love her or himself even just a little more, it is worth the effort.*
I'm gonna write a little love letter to these legs. These strong, powerful, marvelously imperfect legs of mine.
Darlings, We've been through thick and thin together- quite literally. We've been through rough patches when you were disfigured and you couldn't function the way I wanted you to. Times when I didn't know if you ever would again. You've helped rock my babies to sleep. You've carried me through my day even when my brain wasn't present enough to tell you how to. I haven't always given you the love you deserve. I love you, legs. I love every muscle, bone, ligament and tendon, every scar and dimple, every curve. Thank you for taking me on grand adventures. Here's to many any more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment