Let it

Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it.”
Harvey MacKay

Monday, July 7, 2014

Hello Monday. We meet again.

I've had a realization in the past few weeks.
Monday is pivotal.
Monday morning comes far too early. Often when the alarm sings, it is silenced and ignored. But if I don't make it out running on Monday, I hate myself all week long. I feel behind. On the other hand if I do get out, even for a little bit, I win. My whole week feels more productive and validated, all because of a Monday run.
So I met today with the mental gravity that the Monday dilemma deserves. Did I silence my alarm? Yes. Yes I did. But did I reset it for an hour later? YES I DID. And I got up, and went out, and actually almost ran fast!
4.14 Miles
9:51 average pace!
Woot!

I declared victory on Monday before 8:00 in the morning. Then I showered, dressed, made breakfast, gathered, sorted and started laundry, packed lunches, and sent the kids off to their cousins house. I drove my niece to Provo with no AC in the car, got her checked in at EFY and settled in her dorm room. After that, I drove to West Valley where my amazing, darling, handsome, fit, generous, talented, genius chiropractor brother (I buttered him up to get him to see me on his lunch break) x-rayed my elbow and adjusted my poor, beaten body. It's been a rather unpleasant weekend on the pain scale, so I figured I should get things checked out. Since I depend on my body for my livelihood and sanity, and all that jazz. Turns out I not only have some gnarly bruising- which is also visible on the bone, but bit of slight stress fracture and maybe a little chipping. Drat. I've been advised to stay off of it for at least 3 weeks. We'll see how good I am at teaching yoga classes without demonstrating any vinyasa portions. No downward dog for me... or upward dog, cobra, chaturanga, hand and forearms stands, arm balances, etc.... Double drat. The good news is, Mike was able to put me back together for the most part, and the stress fracture is the worst of it.
If anyone needs a good chiropractor, I know a LOT of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment