Let it

Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it.”
Harvey MacKay

Friday, November 28, 2014

The Split


I have had grand moments. Sworn to live life large after being mediocre and complacent for many years. I've fed my spirit until it feels so expansive as to burst ecstatically from my body. I have been a powerful, joyful, brilliant, generous goddess.

Expansive
There is a dichotomy to life.

I have been laid to dust. Felt broken, helpless and hopeless. I have crumbled and shrunken. I have felt so empty, hollow, friendless and small.

The expanse of the one is made possible by the juxtaposition of the other.  Both are inevitable because I will not settle for a constant bland middle. Both the highs and the lows will pass. They always do.

Because I know this, I can live with gratitude, even when I am low, and small, and lonely. I know the warmth that waits me when I endure and push through.

The grand moments that are yet to be will be all the more bright for the darkness I've endured.



1 comment:

  1. What a joyous post!! I LOVE YOU and your thoughts!! Hugs and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete